One Child: The Story of China’s Most Radical Experiment is our first book review! Written by Mei Fong, the book presents a compelling analysis of the impact of China’s “One-Child Policy” on older adults.
We published Part 2 of our series on elder abuse in South Africa highlighting societal responses from both public and private sectors.
From longevity to technology, these news articles further shape public conversations on aging.
- Human age limit claim sparks debate – Nature.com
- Next Avenue Names Its Top 50 ‘2016 Influencers In Aging’– Next Avenue
- Digital health technology poised to help an aging population – SearchHealthIT
- The Invisible Revolution: How Aging Is Quietly Changing America – The Atlantic
- Wrangling aging challenges with mobile, cloud and cognitive – Mobile Business Insights
- The cost of growing older: Aging and developed countries’ budgets – Journalist’s Resource
Over 6,000 professionals in gerontology and geriatrics are expected to attend the World Congress in San Francisco. Participants will share in the latest science, research, training, technology, and policy development presented by experts from around the world. In 2017, the theme “Global Aging and Health: Bridging Science, Policy, and Practice” will bring representatives from medicine, nursing, social science, psychological science, finance, policy fields, and other disciplines to address the latest approaches to improving the quality of life of the world’s older adults. Register today!
The RAND Center for the Study of Aging is our featured company. Its research agenda focuses on the interrelationships among health, economic status, socioeconomic factors, and public policy. Center staff conducts objective, independent, behavioral research on older populations worldwide. For more information, visit RAND Center for the Study of Aging.
And here’s a fun article, “Inside a Musician’s Aging Brain,” about the benefits of music for brain health! Written by singer-songwriter Jim Walsh, we hope it keeps you inspired till next month.
Categories: Monthly Newsletter